Rebecca Byfield – Communications
View full CV for Rebecca Byfield – Communications and Journalist
Strategic / Creative / Connected
A Communications Manager with more than 15 years’ experience implementing communications and mass media strategies for corporate and government industries.
- Excellent internal, external and online communications strategy and management
- Strong team leadership, talent mentoring and behavioural based interviewing skills
- Graphic design skills in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Publisher, PowerPoint, and WordPress
- Thorough understanding of social media planning, strategy and management on Twitter , Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Tumblr , Pinterest, StumbleUpon, YouTube and many more
- Mass media planning and management including digital and traditional media
- Public and community relations, stakeholder management, employee relations, corporate affairs, crisis management, and event management
- Marketing, advertising and copy writing including advertorials and media releases
- Market research, branding, sponsorship, and business development
- High level verbal, written and interpersonal communications
- Creative direction, and strategic research
- Government and GBE experience. Previously held Top Secret clearance with Australian federal government
- Developed a monthly supply chain newsletter for Gartner’s under-utilised supply chain, transport and logistics clients that has now been accepted and rolled out globally. Increased usage of Gartner research within Australian and New Zealand media channels
- Strategic implementation of social media marketing and communications plans
- Successfully delivered more than four news stories a day, including financial reporting for Bauer Media’s Supply Chain Review news portal
- Successful management of RBFs Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) communications project, delivering the signed agreement two months ahead of schedule
- Led tactical redesign and editorial restructure of Fahan School’s flagship publication, adding $15,000pa to the marketing budget through advertising revenue. Successful implementation of online communications plan for Fahan that resulted in an 80 percent increase in social media, website and intranet interaction. Led the roll out of Fahan School’s Capital Appeal, raising $400,000 for new classroom development
Held roles as Editor-in-Chief, Communications Manager, Public Relations Consultant, Business Journalist, EBA Project Communications Manager, Sub Editor, Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator, Newspaper Columnist, Blogger, and Author.
My creativity is best demonstrated by an ability to write convincingly on any subject. I also thrive under pressure, whether that be meeting an impossible deadline or having to adapt to a whole new culture.
Hold qualifications in journalism, editing, marketing and public relations, business writing and creative writing
“Rebecca is absolutely dedicated, very ambitious and extremely driven in all that she undertakes. She is a born and natural leader – very honest, results driven and extremely helpful with advice and suggestions for those working with her. A great editor and writer in herself. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Rebecca for any project/position that utilizes all her skills.” Lannah Sawer-Diggins – regular contributor at The Writers’ Shack.
“Rebecca’s outstanding talent as a journalist can’t be taught. She is persistent and innovative as well as a good writer.” Bob Howarth – Media Communications Fellow atInstitute for Peace and Democracy (and former Editor-in-Chief of The Post Courier newspaper).
“Rebecca is a freelance journalist who was thrown in at the deep end after she sent me her CV! Following some contract work writing features and online news stories for Supply Chain Review Magazine, I hired her to work as a part time journalist on our fast-paced website this year (2013). Bec works beyond the call to produce relevant, interesting news on time and of a consistetly high quality. She is both creative and independent and a pleasure to work with.” Anna Game-Lopata – Managing Editor at Bauer Media Group (Supply Chain Review).
“I have known Rebecca for over 25 years, both in a personal and professional capacity. It’s been a pleasure to watch her professional career grow, and to know that I had a small role to play in her success. She is dedicated and reliable, and has added her expertise in communications to a number of high profile projects for my company.I have no hesitation in recommending her and wish her all the best in her future endeavours.” Ray Bull, Managing Director, Bull Art Media
“Rebecca is an amazing writer. A great journalist and novelist with an amazingly high standard of language and grammar. She can deal with anything that comes her way and has a persistent nature that gets results. An absolute delight to work with.” – Toni Carter, Manager of Everything Books and Authors.
Rebecca can be contacted via email, or by phone on +614 100 66 400